Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Test : Time vs. Money

The test started when my friend invited me for a dinner and approach me to do MLM business with him.

He is one of my close friend who is straightforward. He explained the MLM structure and how it can earn the money easily and quickly with the broad network.


He is looking for a team member, and that's the reason he wants me to be in his team. He thought I'm the talent one (which I'm not sure that I'm), and can be a good member that can make the network stronger.


Sure, this job is the part-time job that need time and all effort to build the network... exchange with the good easy earning in short-time.


While listen, I thought in my mind that... "TIME" is the important thing... how I can get TIME to do this job? ... Nowadays, asides from my permanent job, I study and teach bible for kids.. the works that I do it with my heart... I put all my effort even I don't get pay.


I have hobby that I love; crafting, having web page. The hobby that bring joy and happiness, without any pay. The whole Sunday, I'm at church. It's not the time that full with works and activities but it is the time to fill my heart with Peace & Joy.


The choice is... the part-time job with good pay but have to exchange with the works that I'm doing with all my heart but don't get pay..... or the choice to exchange it with time of rest, time with family and friend.... what I will choose?


My friend may think that I'm weird and stupid as I choose the works and activities that have no pay.... the key point is TIME.


Time... incomparable thing with money and earning.


My friend challenges me with several questions, and here is my answer...


Q : If I put all my effort to do this part-time job for a year... just a year... to create the network that will bring the continual and stable income for future... only a year for long term stability.. it is worth, isn't it?


A: a year that I have to exchange... it may be the great year with my parents and they get older and older; they cannot stop their age to wait for me. Good time with my sisters and brothers who need me this time. In near future, when they all have their own family, they will not need me any more... a year that I may exchange it with good experience (cannot get it with money) that may come in that year only... for example, if God blesses me to meet with some one in that year... but I don't have time to get this blessing... what will be worth enough to exchange with it?


Time doesn't come back but work-money can be re-started any time. It comes and goes; nothing certain.


Q : Freedom of finance... enable you to have early retire and you can do as you dream for. It is better, isn't it?


A : Early-retire-life... life with worry free. Resting life to do whatever you wish... why we need to wait and hold it until we think we are ready to start the worry free life... Is it better to start it now! Live as you have little early retire day-by-day... Have time to work and have time to rest. Have time to do whatever we wish. Doing it now! Don't wait.... Many people worry about their finance but some time, even you are rich, you are still worry. You cannot rest. You still put all your efforts into work because you are fear to loose your money... Money is not always be thing that enable your early retirement.


Don't wait for a day to have worry free life... you can start it now.


Q : You are serving God with no pay. Why do you still work full-time, why don't you quite the job and serve God full time?


A : God leads my life. He has purpose for me. If it is His will and His time, He will guide me to full-time-servant of God; no need to do full-time job because He will take care of me. But now, He blesses me with my full-time job. I faced with change at work, faced with new boss that is not as I expect. I'm joyless, some time. But God wants me learn and be transformed; to love the one who irritates me, give me a chance to share to my co-worker about How god's teach and change me. This is the important thing of life that we need to spend our time.


God has His purpose in creating me, and He directs me in His way to spend time in my life to learn and know Him more and more. Spend time to be His witness and share my testimony to other, for them to know God one day.



It may be too difficult for my friend (and others) to understand... but I want you to really think about Time and Money... is it worth to exchange?... TIME that may make our life be full filled; having the complete fulfill life, which money cannot do.


Hope you will understand it one day.




(thanks for nice photo from http://www.frugallawstudent.com/category/career/)



No comments: